- How BRQ CHASE Property Pty Ltd collects your personal information;
- What type of personal information BRQ CHASE Property Pty Ltd collects;
- The purposes for which BRQ CHASE Property Pty Ltd uses that information;
- How BRQ CHASE Property Pty Ltd maintains and keeps the information secure; and
- How you may access, correct or update any personal information that BRQ CHASE Property Pty Ltd holds about you.
- How does BRQ CHASE Property Pty Ltd collect personal information about me?
In its marketing activities BRQ CHASE Property Pty Ltd may access various databases in the public domain such as Telstra White Pages, Australia Post DPID database, Titles Office or other property databases. BRQ CHASE Property Pty Ltd may also obtain referrals and recommendations from existing clients.
When you become a client or prospective client of BRQ CHASE Property Pty Ltd, most of the personal information about you is collected by BRQ CHASE Property Pty Ltd either directly from you, or indirectly from BRQ CHASE Property Pty Ltd or from public-domain, government databases such as the previously mentioned examples.
As part of its due diligence process prior to entering into lease or rental agreements with you, BRQ CHASE Property Pty Ltd may use authorised credit-checking agencies.
What type of personal information does BRQ CHASE Property Pty Ltd collect about me?
BRQ CHASE Property Pty Ltd may collect any of the following information about you if you are a prospective Vendor, Purchaser or Landlord of Real Estate:
- Contact details
- Property ownership details
- Desired property ownership details
If you are a prospective tenant for Real Estate Rental or Lease, BRQ CHASE Property Pty Ltd may collect the following information from you:
- Employment details such as your employment status, employer, salary, length of employment;
- Other sources of income;
- Personal and Financial Referees whom we may contact;
Sometimes BRQ CHASE Property Pty Ltd may also need to ask you for other personal information to enable BRQ CHASE Property Pty Ltd to provide its services to you.
Why does BRQ CHASE Property Pty Ltd collect this information?
BRQ CHASE Property Pty Ltd collects this information to:
- Enable BRQ CHASE Property Pty Ltd to provide you with the services and/or products you may require.
- To comply with Local, State or Federal legislation or regulations with respect to Real Estate property sales, rental and administration.
- Enable subsidiaries, associated franchised offices of BRQ CHASE Property Pty Ltd and third party partner businesses to assist you with related or ancillary services, as required.
How does BRQ CHASE Property Pty Ltd use the personal information held about me?
Any personal information about you that BRQ CHASE Property Pty Ltd collects and records will only be used or disclosed by BRQ CHASE Property Pty Ltd lawfully and by fair means for the purpose of:
- compliance with our and your obligations under real-estate regulations and laws applicable for Victoria, including the Sale of Land Act (Vic) 1962, Residential Tenancies Act 1997 (residential tenants), Retail Tenants Reform Act 1998 (commercial tenants), The Subdivision Act 1988 (body corporate) and other various minor acts
- helping BRQ CHASE Property Pty Ltd efficiently and effectively deliver and improve on BRQ CHASE Property Pty Ltd products and services or any other purpose specified to you at the time of collection; or
- any other purpose if you would reasonably expect BRQ CHASE Property Pty Ltd to use or disclose that personal information for that other purpose and that other purpose is related to the above purpose; or
- sending you news, and other information about BRQ CHASE Property Pty Ltd's activities and general promotional material which BRQ CHASE Property Pty Ltd believes may be of interest to you, however, when BRQ CHASE Property Pty Ltd does this, BRQ CHASE Property Pty Ltd will provide you with an express opportunity to decline receiving any further communication from BRQ CHASE Property Pty Ltd of this type via an opt-out mechanism.
If BRQ CHASE Property Pty Ltd wishes to use or disclose any of your personal information in any other ways than described above, BRQ CHASE Property Pty Ltd will not do so unless:
- BRQ CHASE Property Pty Ltd has your express consent to do so;
- BRQ CHASE Property Pty Ltd has reasonable grounds to believe that the use or disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life or health; or
- BRQ CHASE Property Pty Ltd has reasonable grounds to believe that the use or disclosure is required by law or to enforce the law.
Can I be anonymous when I deal with BRQ CHASE Property Pty Ltd?
To some extent you can preserve your anonymity when you deal with BRQ CHASE Property Pty Ltd You can visit our website without providing any personal information.
However when you enter into transactions with BRQ CHASE Property Pty Ltd, that involve the sale, purchase or rental of real estate property, then various Acts, statutory legislation and regulations require you to provide us with personal information so as to identify you.
What happens if I want to access or correct the personal information held about me?
You may access your personal information held by BRQ CHASE Property Pty Ltd, subject to some exceptions. We will respond to your request for access within 14 days and endeavour to provide the requested information within 30 days.
We may charge you a reasonable fee to recover our costs for providing access based on the quantity of material and time involved in providing access.
We may not be able to provide access to information in some situations including:
- where in our opinion providing you access may create a serious threat to the life or health of any individual or may be an unreasonable intrusion into the privacy of another individual;
- where your request for access is in our opinion frivolous or vexatious; or
- where providing access would be unlawful, may prejudice an investigation of possible unlawful activity, may prejudice enforcement of law, or denying access is specifically authorised by law.
- If for any reason BRQ CHASE Property Pty Ltd does not allow you to access your personal information, BRQ CHASE Property Pty Ltd will provide you with reasons in writing for its decision.
Does BRQ CHASE Property Pty Ltd provide my personal information to third parties?
There are some instances when we need to provide your personal information to third parties. We may be bound by law to provide your details to government-related bodies including but not limited to the Titles Office or the Residential Tenancies Bond Authority.
Sometimes we may need to outsource some of our administrative and other property-related functions to external organisations such as Advertising Agencies, Signwriters, building and garden maintenance contractors, or consultants such as bankers, accountants, lawyers, surveyors and other advisors. Most of the above organisations are bound by express or implied confidentiality obligations to BRQ CHASE Property Pty Ltd.
BRQ CHASE Property Pty Ltd does not sell your personal details to other organisations. We may however use the information about you to assist us with internal marketing and research.
How does BRQ CHASE Property Pty Ltd keep my personal information secure?
BRQ CHASE Property Pty Ltd will take reasonable steps to ensure information BRQ CHASE Property Pty Ltd collects, uses or discloses is stored in a secure environment that is accessed only by persons authorised by BRQ CHASE Property so as to prevent misuse, loss or unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
If the personal information is no longer needed for any purpose, BRQ CHASE Property Pty Ltd will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify the personal information.
BRQ CHASE Property Pty Ltd endeavours to provide a secure environment and a reliable system but you should be aware that there are inherent risks associated with the electronic storage and transmission of information (particularly via the Internet) which cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
Who do I contact for further information?
Our Privacy Officer can assist you with any enquiries you have about the information that we hold about you on (+61) 3 8685 8896 from 10.00am to 5.00pm (Melbourne time), Monday to Friday.
You can also write to the Privacy Officer at:
BRQ CHASE Property Pty Ltd
Level 20, 644 Chapel Street, South Yarra VIC Australia 3141
Fax (03) 9018 4348
What if I have a complaint or concern?
If you have a complaint or concern you can phone the BRQ CHASE Property Pty Ltd Privacy Officer on (03) 8685 8896 or write to the Privacy Officer at the address above. We will do our best to try and resolve your complaint within 90 days.
What if you are unable to resolve my complaint or concern?
If we are unable to resolve your complaint within this time, or you are unhappy with the outcome, you may refer your complaint to the Privacy Commissioner in your State capital. The Privacy Commissioner can be contacted by telephone from anywhere in Australia for the cost of a local call on 1300 363 992, or you can write to the Privacy Commissioner at the following address:
The Office of the Federal Privacy Commissioner
GPO Box 5218Sydney NSW 1042
Fax: (02) 9284 9666
TTY: 1 800 620 241 (Teletype access for the hearing impaired)